This dish is absolutely delicious. I used a mixture of organic red and brown rice and millet, and also added in sauteed onions and white button mushrooms. If you want to make it a balanced 1-dish meal, you can add in some chicken too. This is quite a versatile dish. I am already thinking of adding in some bell peppers to make it more colorful. I made a big quantity and served the left-overs together with roasted chicken for dinner. Both hubby and Sarah loved it. Such great satisfaction when your loved ones enjoy the food you prepare for them.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Spinach Rice Casserole
My usual marketing day is every Saturday, so usually by Fridays, my fresh food supplies in the fridge will have dwindled if I don't do another marketing trip mid-week. Last night, I was cracking my head for ideas for lunch today. I have no fresh meat or fish left, only some vegetables. So when I came across this recipe for Spinach Rice Casserole, I was elated as I have all the ingredients on hand. I don't mind a meatless dish for lunch as I will usually plan a couple of meat-less meals a week.
This dish is absolutely delicious. I used a mixture of organic red and brown rice and millet, and also added in sauteed onions and white button mushrooms. If you want to make it a balanced 1-dish meal, you can add in some chicken too. This is quite a versatile dish. I am already thinking of adding in some bell peppers to make it more colorful. I made a big quantity and served the left-overs together with roasted chicken for dinner. Both hubby and Sarah loved it. Such great satisfaction when your loved ones enjoy the food you prepare for them.

This dish is absolutely delicious. I used a mixture of organic red and brown rice and millet, and also added in sauteed onions and white button mushrooms. If you want to make it a balanced 1-dish meal, you can add in some chicken too. This is quite a versatile dish. I am already thinking of adding in some bell peppers to make it more colorful. I made a big quantity and served the left-overs together with roasted chicken for dinner. Both hubby and Sarah loved it. Such great satisfaction when your loved ones enjoy the food you prepare for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! This is fascinating! I shall give this a try too. Like you, i do a major grocery shopping once a week and another quick run in mid-week for just fresh milk or vegetables if I have time. So I depend on a lot of my pantry staples to whip up quick meals.
Post a Comment