We hope to make it a birthday tradition in our family that on the childrens' birthdays, we will bring the birthday child out for fun, followed by lunch or dinner, all upon the birthday child's requests. Well, since Nigel is too young to make his requests known, hubby decided that we should go to Science Centre for water play. The boy loves water play but at the same time, he hates to get water into his eyes. So he did not quite like the big water fountain, but loved the water display where he got to put the ball into the pipe which will then shoot the ball into the centre of the water cortex.
We were too early, so chilled out at McD
He did not like this cos water gets into his eyes


Yeeesss, I can reach it.

Yes! Did it!



He liked this best. He spent a good 15mins filling the spoon with water, and then tossing it away.
After water play, we spent a short while browsing through the exhibits in Science Centre before going for lunch at Swensen's (again!). Like last year, we had a free birthday Firehouse ice-cream and a family photo. After lunch, its home sweet home for the birthday boy to have his nap, before we cut the birthday cake. Well, since it is my birthday too, I did not bother to bake a cake. Told hubby I would like a strawberry shortcake, so he ordered one from The Patissier.

One cake for 2

First, its mommy's turn

Followed by Nigel's. Not too near, you may burn your nose.
Nigel was real excited when we sang the birthday song. He was very eager to blow out the birthday candles. I guess he knew what to do from those books that I had read to him on birthdays. We then ended the day of celebration with dinner at Crystal Jade with my mom.
I think Sarah enjoyed herself most on this day. She was supposed to go to school, but we decided that she can miss school for one day. Come next year when she goes to primary school, we will no longer have this freedom to take her out from school for one day to spend some family time together.
Though it did not seemed like we did much, I am feeling very tired now. Glad that this only happens twice a year....at least for now.

Yeeesss, I can reach it.

Yes! Did it!

He liked this best. He spent a good 15mins filling the spoon with water, and then tossing it away.
After water play, we spent a short while browsing through the exhibits in Science Centre before going for lunch at Swensen's (again!). Like last year, we had a free birthday Firehouse ice-cream and a family photo. After lunch, its home sweet home for the birthday boy to have his nap, before we cut the birthday cake. Well, since it is my birthday too, I did not bother to bake a cake. Told hubby I would like a strawberry shortcake, so he ordered one from The Patissier.
One cake for 2
First, its mommy's turn
Followed by Nigel's. Not too near, you may burn your nose.
Nigel was real excited when we sang the birthday song. He was very eager to blow out the birthday candles. I guess he knew what to do from those books that I had read to him on birthdays. We then ended the day of celebration with dinner at Crystal Jade with my mom.
I think Sarah enjoyed herself most on this day. She was supposed to go to school, but we decided that she can miss school for one day. Come next year when she goes to primary school, we will no longer have this freedom to take her out from school for one day to spend some family time together.
Though it did not seemed like we did much, I am feeling very tired now. Glad that this only happens twice a year....at least for now.
2 comments:
oh I just read this. It is so magical to share the same birth date as another family member. My sis was born the day I turned 1, so we used to celebrate together every year. I always treasure those memories. Unfortunately we stopped doing this when we have our own families. I was secretly hoping that my boys would be born on my birthdays, but none of them did. Haha.
Yes, it is indeed very precious to share the same birth date with family members, even more so when it is your child. It is fun to celebrate together.
Post a Comment