Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Super Glue

That's my little girl - she's a super super glue.

Today, we visited a friend in the afternoon as I wanted to borrow the Five In A Row manual from her as well as to look at her math curriculum. She suggested that Sarah join her 2 girls at gym later in the evening. Well, it has been my intention to bring Sarah for a trial class at the gym, but has been procrastinating. So I thought its a good idea.

Last night, I told her about the visit to her friends and to the gym, and she was all excited about it. While having dinner just now, she kept asking whether its time to go to the gym. We were early, so the girls had a fun time playing at the foam area. When its time for the lesson to being, I brought her to the instructor and told her that mommy can't stay with her, but will be up in the gallery where she can still see me, and told her to have fun with her friends. Then I turned around to walk away. Barely 2 minutes later, I heard crying, and I knew it was her. I went back and stayed with her for a while, but she still clung to me with big drops of tears flowing down her face, saying she wants to stay with me.

Sigh....actually I did expect this to happen, but was hoping that since she likes gym so much, she will be willing to attend the lesson by herself. But alas, this has been the default scenario in every class I brought her to. Mommy must be there with her. I have been hoping she will outgrow this stage but apparently she still has not. Looks like I need more time for this super glue to detach herself from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi leng, I'm sure sarah will be happy after a few trials... esp when she is comfortable with the environment and her 2 friends :)

Try it again! Probably she just needed time to adjust herself... give lots of that to her :)