Here is what they have done over the weeks.
With Nigel so into trains, they made a train using shoeboxes, paper rolls and tissue boxes. They covered the boxes with colored paper and Sarah decorated the train with stickers.
This flower arrangement was made using branches from wilted fresh flowers and paper roll.My mom had some fresh flowers which has wilted so she removed the flowers and washed and dried the branches. Next, they cut out flowers and leaves from colored paper and glued them on the branches, and this was put in a vase made out of paper roll, and tada, you have a nice flower arrangement. What I like about this is that we can always change the patterns and color of the flowers to create a different look. I am thinking of using crepe paper to make some tissue flowers to replace these.
I must say I was very surprised when I saw what my mom made out of a remote control car toybox. An apartment! She left the toy box intact and used the loose parts to segregate the box into 3 storeys. The box was covered with colored paper and the windows cut. Sarah wanted an attic, so they made one out of a cereal box. The kids loved this one!It is so wonderful to see 3 of them working together, creating art out of recycled materials. The children enjoyed the end products very much. For their next project, I will probably get the children to be more hands-on with it, like getting them to paint over the boxes instead of just covering with colored paper. Let's see what the next project will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment