Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Great Pretenders

S has always been great at pretend play, and ever since N is old enough, she has roped her brother in to join her in her pretend world. Almost every day after dinner, the two will organise their pretend play scenario, almost always led by S. Their scenario changes every day. One day, it may be a restaurant, the next day it may be a school or a child care. Or they will pretend that the sofa is their boat and the floor is the sea and they will endeavor not to drop into the sea. If I attempt to sit on the floor, they will shout, "No, Mama! That's the sea! Quick, climb onto the boat." Or they may go, "Help! I have dropped into the sea. Help me!". Recently, they have taken the old computer mouses which we no longer use, and set up computer stations on their bookshelf.

In this picture, they have sent up a restaurant with a scrumptious spread of food, and have enthusiastically invited me to partake of the feast. How can I say no to that?

No comments: