Friday, June 25, 2010

Day @ Sentosa

I woke up to great disappointment to a wet rainy day. We have planned to spend the day at the beach in Sentosa. I sent a quick prayer up and started the day, hoping the skies will clear in a couple of hours. But after we finished breakfast and packed the bags, it was still pouring. We made alternative plans. We will still go to Sentosa, but instead of sand play on the beach, it will be the Underwater World, since its indoors. I was a tad disappointed our plans have changed, but told myself, maybe God has better plans for us. And He did.

Well, Underwater World was a disappointment to me. The place is small, and the fishes on display are just ordinary. The dolphin show was a mere 15 minutes and nothing spectacular. But both the kids enjoyed themselves, and I think that's good enough.




After lunch, we proceed to the Imbiah Lookout for the storytelling session. We were late for the 1st session, but there were crafts activities for kids, so Sarah and I did craft while Nigel took a short power nap in the car. She chose pebble art.

We transformed this initial drawing that she did.....

to this.

I thought she enjoyed it, but later on when we reached home, she told me that she actually wanted to do the foam craft, but chose the pebble cos that was what I wanted. I have to admit that I did persuade her not to choose the foam craft as I thought that pebble art is more fun. No wonder she seemed to have lost her touch for creativity. I had to help her with the ideas. A reminder to myself that I should not influence her decisions or impose my own preferences on her.

Next, we went on the Luge ride. Fun! This seemed to be a must-go whenever we visit Sentosa. Sarah preferred to ride with her Daddy cos he goes faster, while Mummy is a bit more careful, thus slower.



After the Luge ride, we quickly hopped over for the next session of storytelling, before going home.



Despite the change in plans, we had a really fun day.

No comments: