Hello! We are back after a long hiatus. I have been really busy with baby since I birthed, would have loved to blog earlier but just can't find time to sit down at the computer and write something.
By the grace of God, Nigel is growing very well. He is on total breastfeeding, and God willing, I hope this will be the way to go.
After the euphoria of the supernatural birth and the wonderful confinement month when I had someone to help with the meals, I am back to reality, life with 2 kids. It has not been easy, in fact, I would say very difficult. Firstly, Nigel is not a baby who naps long. His naps are only about 30 min, and often during these 30 minutes, he will be fretting, sometimes even wake up crying. So its like I am spending most of my time putting him down for naps and pacifying him. This had been very stressful for me after the confinement month, partly because I was totally unprepared for it, also partly because I had in mind to sleep-train him, so that I can have time for homeschool. In fact, I was so stressed about Nigel's sleep issues that I nearly went into depression. I read up many sleep-training books. Most advocated letting baby cry it out. I simply can't do that. I prayed and committed it to the Lord, but I was still getting stressed over it until one day the Holy Spirit told me that I have not totally committed it to God cos I was still trying to do it by myself. On that same day, I received an email from my sil on the same subject of committing our problems to the Lord and totally trust Him to solve our problems. It was very clear what I had to do, so I did that. Trust the Lord and not worry about it. I felt peace. Though Nigel's naps are still short, I no longer stress about it, I also no longer stress about sleep-training him. I trust the Lord and His plans for us. I don't have much time these days cos I am so occupied with Nigel, but I tell myself its for a short season only.
I am grateful to God that Nigel is a very cheerful baby. During his waking time, he smiles and laughs a lot, especially when we talk to him. Just a simple Hi will evoke a big smile from him, and it simply makes my day.
So, I am now taking things easy and enjoying the baby. I thank the Lord for granting my desire for a 2nd child. Its not easy being a mother, but my Heavenly Father walks with me on this journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment