Yes, I had a milk blister over the weekend. The first time I had it. It started with a blocked duct on Saturday morning. Felt a small lump on my left breast. I tried to get Sarah to nurse to clear it but she was more interested in play. So I tried to clear it myself by hand-squeezing. I thought I had cleared it but the blocked duct came back on Sunday evening. This time, the area of the lump was larger. Getting both Nigel and Sarah to nurse did not help at all, and the left side of the left breast was getting harder. Then I noticed a white spot on my nipple which looks like the entrance of the duct was blocked. Quickly sms a friend who is quite the expert on blocked ducts and engorgement and she told me it was a milk blister. Quickly googled for milk blister and the treatment for it. I took a hot shower, used hot compression, massaged real hard. It all did not work and started to panic. The breast was getting really hard, and it was Sunday night, no lactation consultants would see me, and I can't imagine how I was going to get through the night if the duct remained blocked. Quickly prayed to God for help. God ALWAYS answers prayers. With the help of hubby who massaged really hard, I finally managed to break the blister by applying pressure on the blister and breaking it with my nail. I was soooo happy to see milk squirting out, and never was I so happy with a soft breast.
This episode left me with a sore nipple for days. I believed the blocked duct came about because Nigel was sleeping for a stretch of 4 to 5 hours on Friday night, so I was engorged and did not clear the breast. You may ask why did I not pump? Well, because I can't achieve a letdown with the pump. Have been trying with the pump these while but just no letdown. After that night, Nigel has been waking up after 2.5 to 3 hourly for feeds, so its much better now. Hope that my body will soon regulate to his demand and no more engorgement.
No comments:
Post a Comment