Sunday, June 22, 2008

Some pics, car seat and a lesson learnt

We were at Mothercare at Harbourfront some weekends ago to get an infant car seat. Took some pictures of father and daughter enjoying their dessert while having lunch at Spizza.







Speaking of carseats, my intention was to get one that can be used from 4 months to 4 years old. So we went the much talked about Baby Hypermart to have a look. They carry only Maxi Cosi brand and do have what I wanted, but hubby was not too keen to get the 4 months to 4 years old kind. He felt that we should get an infant carseat for use from birth up to about 1 year old, and then switch to the current one Sarah is using. In my heart, I knew I should follow his leading, but I was still undecided so we spent quite some time there. It so happened we met hubby's ex-colleague who had a 9 mo daughter. She told us that its better to get an infant seat which can allow the baby to recline more as this is better for their small bodies. So with this, I conceded and agreed to get an infant seat. But hubby was not keen on Maxi Cosi, as he has seen the Britax one at Mothercare and felt that was better. So off we went to Mothercare to get the Britax Rock-a-Tot Plus Si.

Amidst all this carseat buying, I have been once again reminded of an important lesson by the Lord. I know that God has placed the man as the head of the family, and as a wife, I should submit and following his leading. But there are many times when I tend to insist on my way. I thank God for this lesson where I learnt that I should trust my husband and following his leading. Afterall, he is the one whom God has mandated to be my husband.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah has more and more poses and actions when taking photos huh... so adorable! I like the last pic she took with Alfred. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi lengleng,
sarah looks very pretty now!

i think an infant seat is a better idea for the baby. firstly, more comfortable, and secondly, with the baby sleeping, you just have to lug the whole infant seat around and baby can continue with his sleep.