Friday, March 28, 2008

Thursday's Things, Friday's Fillings

These 2 days have been easy for us. I have not been feeling well for the past week, been feeling giddy and tired. So, homeschool for these 2 days is light, mainly going through the sound of the week and lots of coloring for the little girl.

I noticed Sarah's coloring skills have improved greatly in these 2 weeks. She used to hate coloring and will refuse to do any coloring where the lesson calls for. I did not force her then as I thought it was partly due to her weak pencil grip. Although her grip is correct, I find that her hold is not strong enough. So I laid off coloring for a while. On Thursday, as part of our lesson on the sound of the week, she had to color a picture of a goldfish. I had wanted to skip that as I doubted she would want to color, but surprisingly, she said she wanted to color. And color she did, choosing lots of different colors for her fish. Her improvement came along at a time when I discovered her pencil grip is better and stronger now, perhaps that's why she don't find coloring that much of a strain on her fingers.

Here's the picture of the fish she colored. Though not a masterpiece, I am very happy with it, cos through the process, she had shown patience and most importantly, she loves doing it.

Seeing her interest is there, I continued with an aquarium craft. Here's her hard at work and the final product.




Today, she had fun time painting with her Grandma.


Outlining the snake and whale painted earlier

3 comments:

newbie investor said...

wow.. really proud of her :) looks like she's having loads of fun at home!

Anonymous said...

oh wow... that's a good job done sarah!!! :)

by the way leng leng, I've found out the way to make the crust softer... add a little more butter or oil or milk to the bread recipe... :) learnt that from the bread making book...hope it helps... i'll try it myself the next time i bake another bread ;)

Anonymous said...

Well done, Mama Leng Leng! All perservance and hard work is starting to pay off now :)

God bless!