Thursday, October 14, 2010

Will the tooth fairy come a visiting?

I was just wondering when will S start to drop her milk teeth, and 2 days ago, I found a wobbly bottom front tooth. There was a noticeable gap between her teeth, I took a look and found the new tooth already growing behind the milk tooth which was wobbly. My first thought was "Oh dear, will this affect the alignment and growth of the adult tooth?" Yes, I wanted my girl to have perfect straight teeth and I am definitely worried about the growth of the new tooth. But there was nothing much I can do, except to hope that the adult tooth will move into place once the milk tooth drops out.

S is naturally very excited about getting 'new' teeth. For the first 2 days, she kept bombarding me with a myriad of questions. "When will my tooth drop out?" "What happens if the tooth drops out while I am sleeping?" What if drops out on the school bus/in school?" "What if I swallow the tooth?" and the funniest is "What if didi gives me a scare and the tooth got scared out?" She got this idea from a book she had read which told of a boy whose wobbly tooth drops out after he had a big scare. And then, she will also come to me many times in the day, bared her teeth and asked me, "Mommy, is the tooth still there?" She though the tooth will drop out any minute. Real cute!

So, will the tooth fairy come a visiting? No. I have told her that the tooth fairy does not exist and what she has read about her are just stories. I do not wish to indulge her in such make-believe, just like I have told her that Santa Claus is not for real.

I am now looking for a milk teeth box which has individual compartments for storing each of the teeth. I saw these couple of years ago, but can't seem to find them now that I want it. So if any one knows where to get such boxes, please give me a shout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you recommend China wedsite to buy Chinese books? I have difficulty finding Chinese books for my 3 yr old son.

Many Thanks
bbau08@yahoo.com