Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Six

My eldest turned 6 on 23 August.



See how much she has grown. From a chubby little baby to a pretty big girl now. Not only physically, but she has also grown emotionally. She is a great doting sister to her little brother. I can always count on her to keep an eye on Nigel, or to entertain him whenever I am busy.



As usual, we don't do big birthday celebrations here. We let her have her pick of fun places to go, and food to eat. She has been looking forward to her birthday for a long time, and has everything planned. She wanted to visit Changi Airport to have the kiddy car ride as well as try on the Slide @ T3. She definitely had fun with the car ride, but was initially quite apprehensive about the slide. Good thing hubby reassured her that it will be fun and not scary at all. He even took a ride down the slide just to show her that it was perfectly safe. Having tried once, she was hooked and went for 2nd and 3rd rounds.



We got her a bicycle as her present this year. This is a long overdue present. We intended to get it for her 4th and then 5th birthdays, but for some reasons which I can't remember, it did not materialize. Naturally, she is all excited about her present, so we brought her to the Botanic Gardens to ride her bike. She rode while we had a leisurely walk around the gardens.



I actually intended to bake her a chocolate cake for her birthday. However, after experimenting with a couple of recipes, I found them all to be not of my expectations. So in the end, we ordered a chocolate fudge cake from Awfully Chocolate. It was just a plain cake, so I got some butterfly cake decorations and let Sarah decorate the cake herself. The cake was nice, but she said she preferred the one I baked earlier :). Well, there is always next year.



I just feel that time flies by so fast. It seemed just yesterday that I brought her home from the hospital, and now she is a big girl, ready to enter into a whole new phase of her life next year when she goes to primary one.

Sarah, I love you with all my heart. I know I have not been spending as much time with you as you like ever since Nigel arrived, but I am glad that you are understanding and are not resentful at all, and you love Nigel with all your heart and take such good care of him. You never fail to bring laughter and joy to us with your funny antics. You are my precious, and always will be.


My 2 precious blessings

No comments: