Thursday, July 7, 2011

A simple and wonderful day


My little boy turned 3, and I hope I got wiser on this day. The day started like any other normal day. I prepared breakfast, did some work with Sarah, prepared and sent her to school. And then, this is when the fun starts. Hubby took leave for the day and brought the birthday boy and gal to a wonderful birthday lunch at Royal China. Lovely ambiance, delicious food. The birthday boy enjoyed his food tremendously.
After filling our tummies, it was off to collect our birthday cake. No cartoon cakes for us as both hubby and I think that it is such a waste to spend money on bad-tasting cakes. We would rather splurge on a good quality cake. So far, hubby has always been able to suss out the good bakeries. This year we got our cake from Chef Icon Nature Bakery. Their cakes are awesome! We got their signature Chocolate Travona as our birthday cake, and the Strawberry Hokkaido Roll as a side. Both are heavenly. I will probably do another post on this bakery and their cakes.

We got home for some rest before fetching Sarah from school and continuing with the celebration at home. A simple, yet delicious dinner followed by the cake cutting concluded the day. It was a very simple celebration, and this is how I like my birthday to be, spent with my loved ones.

2 comments:

DG said...

Happy belated birthday to both of you!

The first photo is sweet. The resemblance is unmistakable! :>

Precious Memories said...

Thanks Shirley! Yes, I must agree with you on the resemblance in that photo. Usually most people will say Nigel takes after his father.